Supervisor of Warehouse Operations – Houston, TX
Our client is a 60+ year old, privately owned, Third Party Logistics company specializing in all mode of transportation and warehousing across the United States.
The Supervisor of Warehouse Operations is responsible for ownership of all aspects of this multi-client distribution center, including but not limited to: Client relations, profitability, human resources, employee management, and contracts.
Role you will play:
- Operating the facility at a high level
- Full P&L responsibility of the operation
- Plans, budgets, and schedules facilities modifications including cost estimates, bid sheets, layouts, and contracts for construction and acquisitions.
- Actively participates and lead the implementation of new customers to include but not limited to; determining rate schedule, negotiating Level of Service agreement, identifying Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Actively participates and in lead the contract negotiations with current customers.
- Oversees all warehouse equipment purchases.
- Establishes operational procedures for timely and accurate activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current.
- Establishes and frequently reviews developmental action plans that promote positive growth for the individual and strengthens succession planning initiatives.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining the customer relationships. Frequently interacts with customer to ensure satisfaction of customer requirements and requests.
- Responsible for providing a safe and secure work environment where safety of the warehouse staff is the primary focus.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from four-year college or university highly preferred; seven years related experience at management level, in logistics; or equivalent combination of education and experience in a high-volume warehouse, preferably cross dock or transloading, distribution, manufacturing or similar environment.
- Prior experience with the preparation of operating budgets, capital improvement projects, cost reduction initiatives and productivity improvement plans.
- Excellent in interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relations among all levels of an organization.
- Computer literacy with MS Office Suite essential; prior experience with Warehouse Management Systems or Transportation Management Systems desirable.
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus eligibility