Director of Warehouse Operations – Oakland, CA
Our client, a 50+ year old privately held 3rd Party Logistics Provider, have established themselves as one of the premier logistics companies in the United States. Their service offerings include, warehousing, drayage, brokerage, and other valued added transportation services with a focus in retail, CPG, home goods, and FMCG, electronics, technology, and automotive clients.
San Leandro, California
The Director of Operations is responsible for the startup of a brand new state of the art omni-channel distribution center. This executive will be responsible for establishing KPI’s, making key hiring decisions, manage the P+L of the facility, and promote the visions and goals of the organization.
- Plan, manage, and execute all distribution related functions to achieve goals consistent with supply chain vision and provide excellent service to internal and external customers.
- Recommend distribution operating budget along with capital expenditure requirements; effectively administer, control, and develop the systems and policies necessary to achieve effective distribution expense control
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for team members; adhere to safety programs, procedures, and policies
- Provide distribution team members with training required to complete their job along with cross-training team members to provide development opportunities for career advancement
- Analyze data to determine appropriate actions needed to optimize results
- Determine and execute the most efficient sequence of operations and workflow and methods to maximize assets and team member utilization
- Role model behaviors aligned to a values based, customer-centric, high performing culture with an emphasis on embracing our competencies and delivering with subject matter expertise
- Partner across the organization to coach and develop leaders to ensure they are building culture action plans that best align to our people strategies and business initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or related field preferred
- Minimum of 10 years combined experience in material handling, automation, manufacturing, supply chain, process improvement, and/or distribution in an omni-channel environment.
- Minimum of 4 years of planning, analytical, and/or reporting experience preferably in positions of increasing responsibility
- Experience with distribution center startups is preferred
- Possess detailed understanding of financial statements and resulting cost implications
- Experienced in working with data to analyze root causes, implementing long term solutions and improve operational outcomes.
- Leadership experience with continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience with DC technology (WMS, OMS, TMS, LMS)
$140,000-$170,000, bonus program, and health benefits.