Director Human Resources – LA
Our Client DeWell, is a 30+ year old 3PL with revenue over $1B that has been providing a full suite of supply chain services for multiple fortune 50, 100, and 500 clients across the United States.
The Head of Human Resources is responsible for providing comprehensive HR guidance and support to our Team. This includes but is not limited to workforce planning, attracting talent, onboarding, retention, development, performance management, compensation and FLSA review, Federal and State compliance, policy implementation and interpretation, employee relations and engagement, labor relations, HRIS maintenance and HR metrics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day delivery of Human Resources services.
- Work with Leadership Team to develop effective HR strategies, plans and processes to support the achievement of the business agenda of growing the logistics.
- Direct, and manage Human Resources initiatives and core corporate processes across the range of HR service areas (recruitment, learning and development, talent management, compensation and benefits etc.) to meet the needs of each key line of business.
- Proactively support business initiatives by developing effective position and organizational structures that maximize current employee skills/contributions while providing a challenging and rewarding work environment.
- Leveraging on the capabilities of the entire HR function and field-based HR ensure the effective and responsive delivery of products and services to employees.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and company policies related to general employment and management practices, policies, benefits, sourcing, and labor relations.
- Provide direction, coaching, and counseling to managers and employees.
- 7+ years’ experience in Executive Human Resources Management experience in Supply Chain / Warehouse / Distribution / Transportation with a High-Volume Consumer Product, Mass Retail, or 3PL company
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or related field
- Comprehensive operational knowledge of Supply Chain / Warehouse / Distribution / Transportation
- Has managed all Human Resources responsibilities for a domestic / global distribution / transportation network.
- Extensive experience changing and creating labor models to meet business needs.
- Experience developing and implementing Human Resources strategies in consideration of seasonal trends and warehouse / transportation dynamics.
- Experience developing and implementing performance metrics systems for exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Experience developing and implementing Employee Engagement initiatives to ensure employee satisfaction, increased productivity, and decreased turnover.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of current and future Human Resources environment and the potential effects on business strategy.
- Proactive with all government, state and national, labor initiatives
Compensation: $150,000-$180,000+ plus bonus and benefits.