Senior Director of Operations – Redlands
This position is highly visible and plays an integral role on our operations team. Directs and oversees operational policies, objectives, and initiatives. Responsible for developing, implementing, maintaining and improving the operational functions of the Transportation / Distribution facility while maintaining effective and efficient service to customers with a focus on quality, productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee relations. Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures and determining and implementing changes as necessary. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides guidance to the development of a logistics process plan, including personnel requirements, material needs, subcontract requirements, facility needs, and tooling and equipment needs.
- Determines responsibilities of assigned organization and staff positions to accomplish business objectives.
- Store delivery focus: unloading, sorting, segregating, palletizing, load out, on-time delivery
- Leverages continuous improvement methods to enhance labor productivity and process accuracy while maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Performs managerial functions, such as, mentoring, coaching, administering performance reviews, conducting disciplinary actions, and interviewing employment candidates
- Engage with staff to develop talent and encourage leadership growth amongst employees
- Position is full-time and on-site.
Education And/or Experience
- Experience in a 3PL environment supporting multiple customers or lines of business helpful.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to improve business operations and results.
- Experience supporting negotiations for new or increased customer contracts.
- Solid financial, analytical and P&L experience.
- Familiarity with Lean techniques and continuous improvement models.
- Experience with warehouse management and transportation management systems (WMS/TMS).
- Base Salary Range: $180,000 – $215,000
- Bonus eligibility
- Fully Paid Benefits package