Regional Manager of Terminal Operations – Atlanta, GA
Our client, is a 30+ year-old third-party logistics company specializing in multiple areas of the supply chain including pool distribution, full truck load, linehaul, reverse logistics, cross dock, and 4PL services. Our clients’ customers are comprised of multiple fortune 500 retail, apparel, footwear, and consumer package good companies.
The Terminal Manager will lead a fast-paced operation and be responsible for managing all day-to-day operations across three transportation terminals in the Atlanta Metro Area.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for all metrics, financial results, and development of managers, supervisors, drivers, dockworkers, and other support personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work is performed according to approved procedures, standards, and specifications for all operations.
- Demonstrate operational management experience of minimum 15-person unit or larger.
- Coordinate work assignments, monitor performance, and provide training on relevant job duties.
- Lead staff in their routine operations and be present on-site to address questions and issues as they arise.
- Accountable for adherence to budget and overall financial performance.
- Maintain a sound and efficient financial reporting process including journal entries, intercompany cost allocations, consolidations, etc.
- Ensure workplace safety is a top priority.
Education and/or Experience:
- Experience in pool distribution, FTL, TL, reverse logistics, 4PL, and value-added transportation services.
- Knowledge of DOT, OSHA & safe package handling protocols.
- Understand P&L statements and analyze areas for production improvement.
- High level and complex P&L experience.
- Experience creating a high-trust, high-performance, team culture.
- Demonstrated leadership and people-management skills.
- Ability to provide structure and planning to meet the terminal and regional goals.
- Must be flexible to work weekends and nights.
- Competitive Base Salary
- Bonus potential
- Strong Benefits