President – Transportation Operations
Our client, is a 30+ year-old third-party logistics company specializing in multiple areas of the supply chain including pool distribution, full truck load, linehaul, reverse logistics, cross dock, and 4PL services. Our clients’ customers are comprised of multiple fortune 500 retail, apparel, footwear, and consumer package good companies.
USA, Remote (Houston or Atlanta Preferred)- Up to 50% travel.
The President will be responsible for managing all day-to-day operations of the company while also overseeing the organizations executive team, customer relations, and business development across five key markets across the United States. This strategic role will also be responsible for approving all P+L budgets, companywide KPI’s, the organizations service offerings, and overall profitability of the business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive KPI’s, service offerings, and increase profitability across 19 transportation terminals.
- Grow the operational capabilities of the organizations service offerings including, pool distribution, LTL, FTL, 4PL, and reverse logistics.
- Manage and evaluate the needs of critical clients volumes and efficiency within the terminals on a daily basis.
- Oversee an executive team comprised of operations, human resources, engineering, IT, and special projects with a dotted line to over 1,300 employees.
- Experience in growing pool distribution operations.
- Create, foster, and establish strategic partnerships with both existing and new clients.
- Conduct frequent site visits to the organization’s terminals and client’s headquarters.
- KPI report covering our cost drivers such as cartons per hour, cost per carton, cartage, contract labor, etc.
- Approve and manage the RFP/RFQ process for new and existing customer bids in every facet of the business from pool distribution to linehaul, providing expertise on pricing and approach.
- Oversee and manage the key support functions of the organization including Human Resources, IT, and safety.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 10+ years of experience in pool distribution, FTL, TL, reverse logistics, 4PL, and value-added transportation services.
- Demonstrated expertise in managing and growing transportation operations.
- Experience in a 3PL environment supporting multiple customers or lines of business.
- Demonstrated experience working with customers to improve business operations and results.
- Experience supporting negotiations for new customer or increased customer contracts.
- Experience implementing and managing key performance indicators throughout operations and holding management and employees accountable for performance metrics.
- High level and complex P&L experience.
- Proven track record implementing continuous improvement/lean techniques and models.
- Experience creating a high-trust, high-performance, team culture.
- Demonstrated leadership and people-management skills.
- $200,000- $275,000 base salary
- Bonus potential