Director Operations – Savannah
Company: Maersk Company
Our client Performance Team, a Maersk Company, is a progressive growth oriented National Third Party Dedicated Logistics provider. With an extensive prestigious list of mass retail, apparel, e-commerce and CPG Fortune 50, 100 and 500 companies. Performance Team/ Maersk has established an aggressive strategic plan to continue to capture additional market share.
The Director of Operations directs and oversees the operational functions of a Distribution facility while maintaining effective and efficient service to customers with a focus on quality, productivity, safety, loss prevention and employee relations. Responsible for evaluating current and proposed systems and procedures, and determining and implementing changes as necessary. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Role you will play:
- Develops and maintains operations business plans, productivity and standards to include all customer/company requirements, labor hours, equipment, facility costs, and human resource decisions to enable organization to reach goals and focus on continuous improvement
- Ensures operational procedures are followed for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, handling disposition of materials, and keeping warehouse inventory current
- Reviews operating reports, identifies and directs the resolution of operational and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays
- Responsible for financial analysis and aggressive management of operational expenses; manages the facility P&L
- Work closely with port management to ensure smooth facilitation of drayage services
- Ultimately accountable for outcome of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Distribution focus: oversight of shipping/receiving, picking/packing, inventory and VAS activities.
- Experienced in rapid carton throughput – import deconsolidation/domestic consolidation
- Store delivery focus: unloading, sorting, segregating, palletizing, load out, on-time delivery
- Domestic pickup and delivery functions
- Leverages continuous improvement methods to enhance labor productivity and process accuracy while maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Bachelor’s Degree including 10+ years of experience in a fast paced warehousing/ distribution environment with increasing responsibilities
- Demonstrated expertise in a 3PL environment managing multi-client warehousing and distribution facilities.
- Experience in transportation management, pick-up and delivery, dray, etc.
- Experience supporting negotiations for new or increased customer contracts.
- Experience implementing and managing key performance indicators throughout operations and holding management and employees accountable for performance metrics.
- Solid financial, analytical and P&L experience.
- Familiarity with Lean techniques and continuous improvement models.
- Experience with warehouse management and transportation management systems (WMS/TMS/YMS).
- Competitive Salary
- Bonus eligibility